Monday, May 23, 2005

the homeland

Guten Abend. I have only a few minutes to update the blog but thought I would take the time to share a little about what is going on here in Germany. I have been here since this last Friday with a team from my church and we have begun our work serving a family that is striving to reach out and serve the Turkish population here. They are a significant minority and there tends to be a great deal of tension between Turks and Germans. However I have not experienced that at all at this point, My experience has been people who have been more then friendly and patient with my broken German. It has been a lot of fun using it and expressing things that are similar to what a child just learning to speak must mutter. After having been on a few of these trips I am starting to have more guts about getting out there and making a fool of myself and I really think that is how these trips should be spend. A lot of laughing and all of it at myself.

So I am off to bed. Tomorrow we start our second day of teaching English classes and my hope is that more people come. Today is was a grand total of six but everyone seemed to have a good time so hopefully it will build a strong foundation. Oh and one other thing, I have always dreamed of sitting at those cool European cafes and drinking tea and tonight I had the chance. It was all I could have hoped for. At least until a man came over and started pissing in a corner near where our small group was sitting.

Ich muss schlafen (I think)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home