Sunday, March 06, 2005

game on: day 2

From the interview game (see http://missmaryb.blogspot.com/ for details)

1) how is your life different now than you imagined it would be 10 years ago?

I can safely say that I would never have thought I would be doing paid ministry with middle school students 10 years ago. In fact I am guessing the very idea would not have excited me at all. I think I feared that age group at that point in life but now I have grown to think they are the most fun group to work with. I mean who else do you get to talk about God with and then have a deep conversation broken up by a fart which leads to laughter for 30 minutes? God bless em.

2) would you rather be a successful acrobat in the cirque de soleil and suddenly lose your eyesight, but still have to perform as an acrobat in order to make a living because you can't do anything else but risk death OR be totally and completely hairless? why?

I think this one is pretty easy. I would go hairless. Not the coolest looking mind you but better then falling to ones death. I am pretty sure that would be a lame way to go. And what kind of sick business would force a blind person to keep working the same job that would risk their life? I am sure it is the kind of place with no 401k and I want none of that.

3) of all the dreams you have for your life, which one would be the most personally important to see come to fruition? why?

To have a life worth living. I am not sure if that is a good answer, it sounds like it is wishing for more wishes but it is what comes to mind. I have several things I would love to do or see happen before I die but truly and I hope this does not sound cheesy I want to be able to look back on my life and have no regrets. An adventure lived.

4) think about one of your closest friends. what three qualities does he/she have that make this friendship so unique?

The ability to share anything and know that they are still cool with me is a wonderful and unusual thing. Most people would not like me if they really knew me, I am pretty sure of this one but there are those special few who you can let it all hang out and they still talk to you. Very cool. Second, almost total common interests. This leads to a lot of passionate discussions where we totally agree but everyone needs some of those right? Third, the fact they are totally open with you. Not only do you tell all but so do they and when that happens you can't help but feel tight.

5) you wake up one morning to find yourself in a yurt in central Asia. how did you get there and how - using only a plate of bagels, a cd of Michael Bolton's greatest hits, and a set of silver sporks - do you get back home?

Now this one is getting deep. I would start by eating the bagels while meditating on the wonders of all things Michael Bolton. Then knowing the Asians love of mr Bolton I would train myself in his unique style of musical wonder. After some time I would polish this gift and take my new found skills on tour all over Asia. Finding that I was an amazing success I would use my new found fame and riches to buy my own island and move there. At some point I would get bored and head home to visit friends and family where I would give my mom a set of silver sporks as a long overdue birthday present.

Amen

8 Comments:

Blogger Bret said...

You forgot to put up the rules, but interview me!

Sun Mar 06, 06:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who even thinks about michael bolton any more?

Sun Mar 06, 07:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sporks... the best utensil God gave to man

Sun Mar 06, 07:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sporks... the best utensil God gave to man

Sun Mar 06, 07:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! sporks, that's all you gots for you mamma...for shame, she brought you into this world man, give her something worthwhile...like a candle

Sun Mar 06, 09:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jon, I think you are the coolest.
You are a deep thinker, yet you can be totally crazy. Very dedicated, yet willing to try variety of things. Direct, yet passionate. I feel privileged to be your friend

Sun Mar 06, 09:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

jon, your answers are the best. for real.

and who doesn't think about michael bolton anymore?

and finally, i love sporks. sporks are the reason i will never give up on taco bell.

Mon Mar 07, 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be video of your Michael Bolton-esque performances? Sure hope so. I echo the sporks and Taco Bell comment. I always use one when I eat there, if it makes sense to--not such a great utensil for cinnamon twists, see. And, interview me (Abby) :-)

Tue Mar 08, 04:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home