Wednesday, January 19, 2005

perfect world

This past weekend I had the chance to head to Central Wisconsin with several of my closest friends. It was a wonderful time of eating large amount of meat and saving the world through our conversations. I really am blessed to have such amazing guy friends in my life and I can honestly say they have a large part to do with the person I am today. (the good part they should get credit for and the taste for good beer which I guess is a really good part)

In the midst of our many long ramblings about religion, politics, the arts and society in general we decided to come up with a government platform of our own. I think the idea started because we all are pretty much sick of the two party system or at least the fact that neither side seems to come close to representing our beliefs. So with that said I would like to present this 'One True" political philosophy over my blog. But the problem is that I don't really remember all that we said and I do not have the notes from the time so Cory, Matt, Jared and maybe Adam, I am going to need your help.

SIDENOTE: A surprising realization came out of this time and it was that it is awfully hard to avoid a fascist regime when one is coming up with the perfect society. So please be warned that any views shared, if put into practice could lead to pretty bad results. Funny since it is the perfect plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Whatever Matt, don't be pissed at me, Jared was the one taking notes. I agree that we really did not rock the boat all that much with the general statements. It was more about how do carry them out. So I think once law school is done it is time for you to pony up and get this thing started. I will vote for you.

Mon Jan 24, 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger me said...

Matt for president? It'll never work. No one will know how to spell his last name...

(not that I'm one to talk about difficult last names-reinke)

Thu Feb 03, 01:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home