Wednesday, March 09, 2005

heaven with killers

So what is grace all about? What is grace and why does it matter to me, to any of us? And how should grace influence our daily lives, if at all? Grace is anything good that is given and underserved. An unearned reward. From God our salvation is grace. The fact that we are forgiven is grace. Each breath is grace. We do not deserve these things. We have not earned them. What we have earned because of our freewill choices is death. Separation from God in this life and the one to come. This is hard for to buy into. I mean, I know there are bad people out there but I am not one of them, am I? I am pretty good. Grace offends me. It tells me that I need something that I can’t do on my own. I don’t like that. It takes control, even false control, out of my hands and says that I need to look to something or Someone for help. But the glories of understanding grace! At least I think so if only I could begin. If frees us from trying to earn God’s love. It changes our outlook of other people. They are now equals, worthy of love. God is to be worshiped and served with our lives. Grace sends us to our knees in awe that God would save a wretch like me. To know grace is to start to become the person I was created to be...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

good post, jon. grace is awesome. but there's a point when no more grace is available. say when a blogger hasn't blogged for over 2 weeks.

c'mon, jon! get your act together, man!

Thu Mar 24, 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger allan said...

seriously jon, grace is being exceeded here! post already or you will loose you blogger salvation.
happy easter stud

Sun Mar 27, 08:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home