Tuesday, March 08, 2005

come on brain

I really like my job most of the time and one of the reasons for that is that I get the chance to travel to interesting places all over the country and the world and be part of something that I deeply believe matters. But now here is the rub.

People have to go and speak all these different languages. Now I don't want to sound like an ignorant American and insist that 'they' all learn English. I would be happy to learn something else if it meant that we could all go for the same thing. But alas this is not how things are.

So tonight I took my little German and mixed it with all ten Spanish words I know and talked with Jen at the Rathskeller, a place where German should be spoken. But now I think my brain is bleeding. And this is my wish; I would like to find a business where you can take all the little bits of language one knows and you can trade them in for one thing.

I am tired of thinking or saying things like, 'Hola Wie gehts mi fruend. How are du? Und Hamelek ist gut.' So lets unite and spread one love and the gospel of one language and save each of us the experience of our brains slowly oozing out our ears.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you win!

Tue Mar 08, 10:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you win!

Tue Mar 08, 10:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home