Monday, May 10, 2010

final sabbatical books


Everyday Justice by Julie Clawson is the most practical book about taking small steps to live justly that I have read. She starts the book with a confession that the most common feeling when people are exposed to injustice is to feel overwhelmed which leads to guilt, hopelessness and inaction. However global change can take place when individuals make small changes over time.

Each chapter discusses a specific topic from cars to coffee and how the decisions we make often have unintended consequences. Each chapter contains practical tips, websites, further readings, etc that make it easy to get involved. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has interest in living justly but whom is often left feeling overwhelmed about what they can do to make a difference



Deep Ministry in a Shallow World by Chap Clark and Kara Powell caught my interest based on the title but I found it to be a book that did not connect with where I am at. It is not that I don’t care about having ‘deep ministry’, I do, it is just that while I felt their ideas were good I did not find them practically helpful with where our team is at within the church. There were a few nuggets of wisdom I want to pass on but overall this was a skim read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home