Monday, April 26, 2010

book list part 3



Now that I am a veteran youth worker, that v-word makes be feel old, I agree with almost everything Mark DeVries writes about in his book. However I wonder how helpful this book is as a resource for senior pastors, search comities and new youth workers who seem to be the target audience. There is so much good advice that I would think it would feel overwhelming. There are a few learnings that I plan to write more about later.



We have recently done both bathroom and kitchen remodels at our house so this book has proven to be a timely read. Crawford shines a spotlight on craftsmanship and the value of hands on work that has largely been lost in our society. I found it a insightful read as it relates to people being created in the image of God to work and find joy in their work.



This was just a fun read and a bit of a guilty pleasure. I know that the series is popular with the students I work with and while I would recommend it to other adults, it is pretty intense for students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home