Sunday, May 09, 2010

learning #3

I am excited how our community engages with social justice. However I do think we need a new name for it. Kingdom justice seems to have a better ring to it. I have a sense that I am part of a community moving in a healthy direction. We still have a long, long way to go but we are moving and for that I am thankful.

The early church, while being messed up in many, many ways, is a challenging example of a group of people who lived generously. While they shared with everyone who had need, we tend to share with those who we think worthy of our help. When they sold their property to give to those in need, we tend to give from what is left over after we have made sure we are comfortable. But Spirit seems to be breathing new life into his people all around the world and I am excited about the hope that brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home