Tuesday, May 04, 2010

As my time comes to a close...

Learning #1

I have a hard time stepping away from my job. I have not had a break like this since I was in middle school. I am incredibly thankful for the work ethic that my family and especially my father instilled in me from a young age. However upon reflection my job has become entwined with my sense of identity. More often than I would like to admit I am what I produce. I am a youth pastor. I don’t think I realized how bad it was until the first 2-3 weeks of my break. I didn’t know what to do with myself and now I feel like a I wasted the time but I am not sure I could have done it any other way. It was like what I imagine detox to be like. Granted I did not have cold sweats and violent shaking but I did have a lot of pacing and mind racing. I recognize this is not healthy. I know cognitively that my identity should be in Christ but in practice I have a long ways to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home