Wednesday, November 09, 2005

dear jon

on my last day of being 27, i am writing myself a letter. and lucky you, you know my blog address, so you get to read it, too. here goes nothing. zoop!

dear jon,

you are ridiculously good-looking. i am fond of you. you are very popular. so popular, in fact, that hardly anyone notices that you are losing your hair. but the fact that you can grow lots of facial hair says a lot about your ability to do other things well - like climb mountains. i mean, when was the last time you saw a guy climb a mountain who DID NOT have facial hair? yeah, you can climb a mountain. better yet, you can climb EVERY mountain.

jon, remember those nights in junior high when you played the "sound of music" soundtrack just to center yourself after a long, hard day in the cruel middle school world? you sang "climb every mountain" so well, i don't know why they would not let you audition for the part of maria in the school play sophomore year. you told them that sandy duncan played peter pan. they are so sexist. goodness.

but jon, the thing is, i do not want you to forget that you rock. so i want to dedicate this song to you for the next year of your life. it is outdoorsy and dreamy. just like you. may it guide, inspire and be always on your mind.

with all of my love,
jon

climb every mountain

climb every mountain, search high and low
follow every byway, every path you know.
climb every mountain, ford every stream,
follow every rainbow, till you find your dream!

a dream that will need
all the love you can give
every day of your life
for as long as you live

climb every mountain, ford every stream,
follow every rainbow, till you find your dream!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dave Roberts said...

hope you have a great birthday... Happy Birthday Jon...

Wed Nov 09, 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger cory said...

gosh, jon, sometimes you really inspire the heck out of me. happy birthday.

Wed Nov 09, 03:50:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

i love "climb every mountain," too, jon. but "surrey with the fringe on top" is my real favorite.

anyway, i'll post more on that later. thanks for the inspiration. happy birthday, j-diggs.

Wed Nov 09, 08:07:00 PM  
Blogger erin said...

happy happy bday.
keep on loving yourself man.

Wed Nov 09, 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

just FYI all, this is another imposter post. Really I think the zoop should give it away that this is not me posting. I mean really who says that? But thanks for the b-day wishes. I am now fully into my late 20s :-(

Wed Nov 09, 09:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

cory, i really do hope this inspired the heck out of you. it did for me. i mean, i actually fell asleep with climb every mountain playing on repeat in my brain.

i think that's why i woke up this morning feeling like i could take on the world :)

Thu Nov 10, 07:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Maria you have the Sound of Music soundtrack? AWESOME!!!

Thu Nov 10, 11:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. When Mary said I should read Jon's recent post, I didn't prepare myself for such a creative addition. Nice job, Jon...or should I say impostor[Mary]writer? Made me laugh.
Oh, and Happy Birthday, JON! Welcome to the late twenties...it's not a bad place to be! Pretty soon we'll all be thirty, and I hear that's when all the real fun starts. ;)

Fri Nov 11, 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

it IS a funny post.

and also, i'm really really REALLY happy that jon didn't write it.

he's much cooler than that.

Mon Nov 14, 08:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home