Friday, June 24, 2005

so many babies

I am finally taking the time to post a new blog and all the ideas that went through my head that past few days now seem of little interest. I guess I will write about giving birth to my second child.

I would not call myself a runner if by some chance a person asked. I say that because runners are very strange people. They are all tall and thin and have predisposition towards being overachievers in all areas of life. These are sick people who take great joy in putting themselves through pain and for what? They are like the father in Calvin and Hobbes who sees vacations in the rain as character building and the breakfast food of choice naturally being oatmeal. This is my father as well. But I digress. As I said I do not think of myself as a runner but after a series of events I found myself running a marathon last fall in Milwaukee.

This was quite the feat for me but I must admit finishing it did not provide the sort of exhilaration that I was hoping for. Somehow I had pictures in my mind of crossing the finish line and getting the greatest adrenaline rush I have ever had. Sadly this did not happen. It was more like having a baby. Okay okay settle down ladies, you are right I have no idea what that is like and I never will. All I know is that it was a good feeling but that there was a lot of pain and that part was no fun. Then there was an emotional low afterwards as I tried to figure out what dedicate myself to next. Back in the fall I swore that I would never do it again.

Then thanks to a friend who said she wanted to run a marathon I decided to go for it again. Stupid Jon. But then she backed out about four weeks into the training but since dues had been paid there was no reason to back out now. So last week I finished my second marathon and I must say I think it was like having a second kid. This one popped out with much less pain. (note to self, I think I just hurt my chances at dating again with that last sentence) I felt better within a couple of days and the idea of yet one more does not sound all that bad. Now if only I could grow a bit and get real skinny I too could be a runner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home