Thursday, September 08, 2005

to an awesome team

I am taking a quick break from the storm of emails to blog about who knows what. Our kick-off is tonight for the middle school ministry and I think things are ready to go. Which leads me to be incredibly thankful for our awesome team of adult and student leaders who pour their lives into our community and make each week happen. For example for tonight I have done very little to help make it happen and it really has been Sarah and Tim who deserve the credit on this one. They have done an amazing job of creatively forming the night, communicating and coordinating the volunteers. And Sarah is only a freshman in college. Awesome.

Or in the case of our Life Groups, i.e. small groups, Rachel has done an amazing job of matching leaders, finding homes, helping create the curriculum and all around setting us up for a good year.

The list goes on and on and I wish I could take the time to list them all and make sure they know they are loved and appreciated. This is why I love doing what I do. At least in part since I like the students a lot too.

Which leads me to be thankful for last night. We had our first student leadership time, which we call the Revolution which I personally think sounds cool. All we did was go from school to school and pray but it was so cool to hear the prayers of the students. A middle schooler usually prays with stumbling words and an awkwardness that is refreshing. The prayers are not full of strange words that one would never use elsewhere nor are they overly long. They are short and to the point and sound like someone trying to talk to a friend they do not know well.

We prayed that students, teachers and parents from all over town would come to Christ and that we might be used to play a role in seeing that happen. God may you bless their simple prayers and move in this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home