Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reading 2.15.12-4.15.12
This was our latest read in media club and another book I would not have picked up without a little outside pressure. And I am so glad I did. It is about changing the tone of the political conversation in our country and even broader than that, how to respect each other so that we can have the strongest possible society. The highlight with this read was the chance to meet with the author and spend a couple hours over dinner asking questions and listening to stories about what healthy democracy looks like.
My wife and I have been slowing going through this book for months. I did not love the writing or even the content at points but I have to give it credit for prompting some great conversations while traveling in the car.
For years I have been wrestling with how to better engage male students with their faith or just engage with them in general and this book has been the best thing I have read yet. It is also great as a father but at this point in my life it is an excellent ministry tool even though it is about male development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home