Friday, January 06, 2012

Reading from 10.15-12.15.11



This book took me a bit to get into to but the style and story have stuck with me since. The atmosphere of the book has haunted me since finishing. One of the best books I have read in a long time.



This book is full of good reminders and was a different pace and tone from the books I have read like this the past couple of years. It took me back to my crusade days in a good way.



This was the UW-Madison Go Big Read. It follows Enrique, a young Honduran boy, as he journeys to find his mother. I personally connected with the book because of all my trips down to Honduras and was surprised to see pictures of the dump our team visited two years ago. It is a great discussion starter about immigration policy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home