Monday, February 27, 2012

Films #6-8 - if I had a film fest 'Beauty, Hope, Justice and Redemption'


The Tree of Life is a film that I will remember as having moments of wonder, moments of boredom and moments of 'what the hell?'. I would include it because nearly every frame is a work of art and it engages the viewer in life's biggest questions of meaning, origin and God vs Nature. I am sure it would not be enjoyed by everyone but is entertainment the point?


I love the idea of what sorts of conversation this film might create. A Christian worldview is not represented here but I believe there is a lot of common ground that could be found. There are interesting thoughts on the creation, economy and value of our goods.


One of the most moving stories I have ever seen. I do not cry easily but the power of friendship, overcoming odds and finding joy in the midst of hardship got me. Both my wife and I wept and laughed throughout this story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous push buttons said...

wow!!! amazing...

Sat Mar 31, 12:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home