Tuesday, October 26, 2004

duplicity

duplicity

I was reading yesterday in Relevant, which as a side note is a great magazine, about leading a double life as a Christian. An element of the story that jumped out at me was how the author expressed a past need to 'get away from his Christian life' for awhile. I can relate with that. What does that say about our faith when we have a desire from time to time to get away from it and live like 'normal' people? How can we move toward having a life that is so full that we do not want something else? In Smell of Sin it talks about how moving toward sin instead of what is offered is like eating rocks. So why do they look so good so often?
Okay so this is starting to sound depressing but I want to be the kind of person that is so taken with what I believe that I do not want to escape from it. I want to live in a community that wants that too. I think that is what God wants all of us to have. No more church buildings filled with smiling tombs but instead clumps of people who truly feast on life and daily want more. I want that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home