Sunday, March 28, 2010

A better question: Switch continued

How often do I look for what is good and ask how can we do more of that? As a ministry leader I spend a lot of my time evaluating all kinds of things. But how often to I focus on what is good and strong versus getting caught up in what is broken? If I were generous I would guess I spend 70% of my time focusing on the negative. Is that being negative?

What if I were to always be on the lookout for the good that is happening, celebrating those stories and doing all I can to spread that success? What if Christian communities were like that? Instead of being shame based, what if we regularly held up ‘success’ stories and celebrated? That sort of community strikes me as one that would be exciting and encouraging to be a part of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home